Sad to say we are still moored at Wallingford. The river continues to race past us and we cannot yet move from here. We now have had 4 days here and our mooring which started looking like this:
We have spent our time visiting the castle and the museum, touring the charity shops and most importantly taking precautions against the boats drifting out of the river onto the towpath and getting stranded there. Victoria used her charms on some local builders who have given us some scaffold poles to hammer into the river bed beside the boats and today a local riverside resident has allowed us to fill our water tanks from her garden tap. As I type this we need wellington boots to leave the boats. If the water rises any further we may be unable to get off the boats without swimming.
The crews of the 7 boats moored here have got to know each other and we have been helping each other to get through this problem. Last night one chap ran a book on when the towpath would flood. The river did not rise as fast as we expected and it was the morning before we saw this had happened overnight. Since then the river has risen further but we have hopes that things will improve tomorrow.
Watch this space as we disappear without trace. Just hope the mooring ropes hold.